Wednesday 7th Dec3:30 AM
Experienced engineering leader with a demonstrated history of building highly engaging products, features, and services. Skilled in Web Applications, Browsers, Observability tools, Agile Methodologies, and Software Development Best Practices.
Manager of Managers
Do you want Mrunal as mentor?
Develop yourself to become a stronger engineering / product leader
Mrunal Kapade, an Engineering leader, based in Silicon Valley, shares tips that helped reduce attrition in the remote engineering teams while leading multiple teams from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Director of Engineering
May 2021 - current
● Led the 17-person strong engineering team comprised of three agile squads(Growth, Internal Apps, and Backend) that developed and maintained the Website, Acquisition Funnel, CRM, and backend platform behind renewable energy startup. ● Set up an Engineering Competency Matrix to help with career development, coaching, and expectations for engineers. ● Played the role of engagement champion to assist the CTO in improving engagement and retention within the Technology organization by implementing various initiatives ranging from OKRs to organizing offsites and hackathons.
Tech Lead Manager
Apr 2020 - Mar 2021
* Led and managed the Developer Experience team which developed and maintained external facing SDKs and REST API. * Successfully led Growth charter for a couple of quarters to drive up signups and monthly active users by 15%. * Grew the team from 2 to 8 engineers by hiring the best and brightest engineers in the US and Europe. * Established best practices, rituals, and onboarding docs to help engineers ramp up into the team smoothly. Worked cross-functionally with engineering, product, design, and marketing teams to improve alignment on OKRs.
Senior Software Engineer
Jul 2012 - Mar 2020
* Worked on new web APIs and features to provide the best web experience on emerging devices with dual screen and foldable displays. * Led the initial Wake Lock JS API implementation in Chrome as part of Device and Sensor APIs. * Led several efforts to land new features and enhancements in open-source projects such as Chromium and Crosswalk. * Presented and showcased my team's work at numerous conferences such as Intel Developer Forum, Fluent, AnDevConf, HTML5DevConf, BlinkOn, etc.
Apr 2011 - Jul 2012
* Worked in the core Webkit platform team at Palm(HP) on feature additions, enhancements to Browser and WebOS platform.
Jun 2008 - Jul 2010
* One of the early engineers on BrowserLab which was an online service to help web designers and developers with cross-browser testing of their web assets. * Did whatever it took to keep the service fast, usable, and uninterrupted for 100K+ Creative Suite users.
You're a great engineer.
Become a great engineering leader.
Plato (platohq.com) is the world's biggest mentorship platform for engineering managers & product managers. We've curated a community of mentors who are the tech industry's best engineering & product leaders from companies like Facebook, Lyft, Slack, Airbnb, Gusto, and more.