Hi everyone! My name is Ryan Scheuermann and I am currently a Director of Engineering at Process Street. Former Director of Engineering at InVision, leading a team of 50. I'm on a mission to build the world's best fully-distributed product teams. Looking forward to meeting you!
Hey, I'm available every Wednesday at 3:00 PM (GMT)
Next time slot availableCreate an account
August 5, 2020
3:00 PM (GMT)
Director Of Engineering, Core
Sep 2015 - current
Engineering Manager (1 yr, 6 mos) > Director (2+ yrs)
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
At InVision, the Core product teams oversee the InVision Cloud web and mobile platforms, driving growth metrics and building a connected workflow across all our product suites.
VP of Marketing, Engineer
Orbweaver Sourcing, LLC
Jan 2015 - Aug 2015
A small seed startup at the time, founded by a former colleague, Orbweaver provides sales automation for the electronics parts industry.
• Kickstarted brand awareness
• Built sales & marketing automation pipeline
• Constructed and designed successful fundraising pitch deck
• Contributed to the Orbweaver platform as a Ruby engineer
Chief Product Officer & Co-founder
Jul 2012 - Jan 2015
Ceros is an interactive content marketing platform with a browser-based design studio. Designers work together in real-time on a digital canvas to publish animated, interactive HTML5 experiences that work beautifully on all devices.
• Managed and led a product team of 10 engineers and 2 designers
• Built the B2B Ceros platform on which we grew the business from $0 to $2M Enterprise ARR
• Handle customer support for over a year utilizing the product engineering team
• In addition to fulfilling my CPO role, served as acting CMO for a brief period, during which time I was responsible for hiring a Director of Sales & Marketing Operations, and leading a small team of marketers. • Implemented Salesforce and Hubspot -- launching a content and email marketing strategy
VP of Engineering, Principal Engineer
Crowd Fusion, Inc.
Sep 2007 - Jul 2012
Sr. Developer > Lead Developer > Director of Technology > VP of Engineering
Crowd Fusion was an enterprise CMS platform. Large media companies chose Crowd Fusion for their most important brands -- to rapidly deliver products across new platforms and devices.
• Led DevOps team of 3 engineers managing 100s of EC2 instances with multi-AZ redundancy and multi-region failover
• Responsible for launching TMZ.com on the Crowd Fusion platform. Deployed in 2008, TMZ was one of the first top-500 websites to be fully-hosted on Amazon EC2/AWS. At the time, TMZ routinely handled in excess of 8M pageviews a day, and successfully scaled to more than 8M pageviews in a single hour.
• Responsible for launching The Daily, the world's first iPad-only daily newspaper, on the Crowd Fusion CMS platform. Oversaw The Daily's expansion from iPad to the iPhone, the Samsung Galaxy Tab Android tablet, and to Facebook, where they were one of the first news apps to use Facebook's Open Graph.
• Worked alongside Apple's team in Cupertino to test and enhance Apple's subscription service. The Daily was the first iOS app using the recurring iTunes subscription service, and it was the first non-Apple product to be promoted on the apple.com home page.
• Launched MySpace.com “topic pages”, which ingested and displayed tens of thousands of entertainment-focused articles, photos, and videos to hundreds of thousands of visitors each day.
Founder, President, Full Stack Engineer
Concept 64, Inc.
Apr 2005 - Jan 2008
A personal agency. I was the business owner and sole engineer working directly with designers, copywriters, and marketers.
• Designed and developed websites for small to medium-sized businesses, non-profit organizations, artists, musicians, and web agencies
• Completely referral-based, in under 2 years, grew from a local client base to managing accounts worldwide
• Developed custom web application for Fuji Bikes – distributor portal with catalog and asset management, technology stack was PHP and single-page-app built on Prototype JS
• Excelled at pixel perfect, fully responsive, cross-browser compatible designs mixing HTML, CSS, and JS
Java Web Developer
Trifecta Technologies, Inc.
Oct 1999 - Apr 2003
Trifecta was a local IBM business partner, primarily focused on large-scale e-Commerce websites and custom web applications.
• Launched B2C e-Commerce solutions on the WebSphere Commerce platform for numerous clients, including L.L. Bean, Custom Direct, and Holts Cigars
• Developed custom J2EE web apps for Big Pharma orgs
• Worked directly with the IBM development team in Toronto improving the WebSphere Commerce J2EE framework
• Certified in Java and WebSphere