VP of Product
Sep 2017 - current
“A Universal API connecting restaurant point of sale devices with apps like JustEat”
🎉Successfull exit to JustEat
• Enterprise software with customers like JustEat and UberEats which is deployed in UK, US, CA, ES, AUS to brands like KFC, McDonalds and Papa Johns.
• Delivered an innovative product approach to enterprise integrations, reducing the effort to build a new one from 45 m/d to 15 m/d.
• Revised the product portfolio, vision and strategy and led a reorg that changed the way teams work to be more cross functional and increased focus on product building and customer success. This allowed the product innovations above.
• Also interesting: helped our product teams scout and run many new product development initiatives, designing hypothesis, running experiments and validating results. One of those (a messenger pay at table bot for Wahaca) got Flyt featured in Facebook’s F8 keynote conference in 2018
Senior Product Manager
Oct 2016 - Sep 2017
“A Team Habit adoption app that knows all the science of change so you don’t have to”
• Worked with a team of designers and engineers to ship the first product release to early adopters. Engagement grew 450% when compared to the old product offering, and 9 out of 10 users expressed desire to keep paying for the product.
Senior Product Manager
May 2016 - Aug 2016
“Like Uber, but using the existing taxi networks across the UK & US”
• Reduced trip cancellations by 6%, increased activation by 10% (by introducing a new product onboarding flow) and enabled product launches in US and SNG by introducing support for airport trips, driver tipping and pricing transparency.
• Worked with a team of 3 designers and 6 developers to deliver 6 iterations of the Karhoo Mobile iOS and Android products in a high growth environment. Worked cross-functionally with Marketing, Legal, Support and Operations on go-to-market for new features.
Travel the world (Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Patagonia, Chile, Peru, Colombia)
Nov 2015 - Apr 2016
Internal Product (Contract)
YouView TV Limited
Aug 2015 - Nov 2015
• Coaching (Agile adoption scrum / kanban): Coached Youview's agile adoption, assisting the implementation and scaling agile practices from the individual development teams to cross functional teams working within the same program of work (5 cross functional teams). Setup tools (data and dashboards) for progress analysis based on a tracker (JIRA). Helped cross functional teams adopt a common definition of done, used kanban to map how they bring value to customers (their shaping, development and release processes) and successfully used those to identify and elevate bottlenecks. Coached every team on sprint planning, estimation, setting work in progress limits and executing backlog reviews. Setup the teams for continuous improvement by running lessons learned workshops, and provided the structure to permeate those across the organisation.
Mobile Product Manager
May 2013 - Jul 2015
“Like Dropbox but for the legal enterprise market”
• Led a team of ~20 people across marketing, design, development, testing, support & sales.
• Under my leadership the product reached over 4k monthly active users and user engagement increased 3x (the highest amongst web, desktop, mobile). We also won the v3 technology award for 2014 as best mobile app for business.
• Defined and launched several product experiments to increase the metrics for acquisition, engagement & referral, as well as improve the individual feature adoption funnels, value funnels and retention metrics.
• Also interesting: helped Workshare secure funds for innovation on mobile from the EU of 1M€. This is a project based on Bluetooth Low Energy and uses physical presence as a security mechanism to access sensitive documentation.
Technical Product Manager
Jun 2010 - Apr 2013
• Launched 3 major product releases (and 2 minor) of the Vodafone Discover mobile product across 8 European partner markets as part of a distributed team (London and Dusseldorf) using agile methodologies.
• The product reached almost 2M customers (250k weekly actives) and was pre-embedded on the full portfolio of Android devices from Vodafone.
Sep 2005 - Apr 2010
\- Medicine and substances management system: Launched the substances and medicine management information systems of the Portuguese Government throughout a full project lifecycle. This system is currently being used to manage the introduction of new medicines to the Portuguese consumer market and allow third-party partners to use the data to improve healthcare.
\- Project management coaching: Coached (full-time) a team of five project managers leading key software development projects (>500K). This work involved adapting the PMBOK® framework and the agile methodologies and best practices to the specific context and culture of the client. Sole speaker at four series (2008, 2009 and 2010) of project management training workshops.
\- Business process documenting & re-engineering: Gathered, analyzed and documented the full set of document related business processes for the Portuguese Ministry of Finances (the General Operational Office). This promoted further process automation using BPM tools and improved overall operational efficiency (in some processes by days).
\- Enterprise project management: Defined and implemented cross-corporate (>200 employees) project management methodologies on areas such as cost, scope, time and risk. Launched customized EPM tools (MOSS 2007) to turn this guidance into practice and implemented “role-centers” with KPIs for measuring the impact of each project manager’s performance. This promoted business visibility over projects at a program level and improved project management practices helping delivering projects on budget and on time.
\- SIGC dot NET: Managed an outsourcing team (Portugal and India in a total of 10 people) through the migration of 400 existing Oracle Forms to the .NET Windows Forms technology. This was one of the biggest .NET systems in Portugal (at the time) and consisted in an aggregation of CRM, invoicing, transferring and service monitoring systems.