I'm Paul Hurwitz in NYC. I've been in product management for over 10 years and the last 5 in health related B2B products. I recently joined TVR Communications / pCare Interactive as their first VP of Product and Marketing. TVR Communications is a Healthcare Information Technology company dedicated to developing best-in-class interactive patient systems that enhance the patient experience.
I'm responsible for making product management an integral part of the company with product best practices, developing a product roadmap, in-depth market research and integrated plans for product introduction and marketing.
Hey, I'm available every Friday at 1:30 PM (GMT)
Next time slot availableCreate an account
August 14, 2020
1:30 PM (GMT)
VP of Product Management & Marketing
Feb 2019 - current
KLAS category leader pCare interactive patient solution (IPS) helps healthcare providers engage, educate, and entertain patients in a hospital setting.
• Leading implementation of product management best practices.
• Manage the marketing activities of two outside marketing agencies, including overseeing company presence at largest industry conference.
Director of Product Management
Apr 2018 - Oct 2018
Aetion offers a real-world evidence platform to unlock insights about treatment effectiveness and value of pharmaceutical drugs.
• Product Lead of the Visuals and Reporting team and launched a new report building tool for platform users.
• Created new release documentation for external and internal users to provide greater understanding of impact of new and updated features.
• Led feature team development of new export tool to reduce export time from average of 25 minutes to under 1 minute, streamlining work of internal client service team.
Director of Active Analytics (Product Manager, Director of Product)
Aug 2014 - Mar 2018
ActiveHealth Management (AHM) delivers personalized guidance through analytics, care management and wellness programs to find health improvement opportunities and gaps in care. AHM collaborates with employers, health plans, government agencies and providers helping people live their healthiest lives. ActiveHealth Management is an independent subsidiary of Aetna (NYSE: AET)
• Managed the activities of a cross-functional team of more than 15 people, including development, QA, Informatics, implementation and account management.
• Designed and launched brand new website to provide on-demand access for ActiveHealth customers to customized reports with interactive analytics, reducing inquiry time from days/weeks to minutes.
• Created value-based messaging for product marketing team.
• Worked with Internal Informatics and Account Management teams to design new dashboards and reports.
• Work with all internal teams to scope, collect requirements and develop specifications for reporting needs for all company products.
• Manage the development of product dashboards for use by product managers to gauge success of their products.
Senior Product Manager
Jun 2013 - Mar 2014
Medidata provides SaaS solutions for running clinical trials for new drugs and medical devices.
Senior Product Manager for Medidata Designer
• Managed the activities of a cross-functional team of more than 20 people, including engineering, SQA, marketing, sales and professional services.
• Oversaw software releases including determining scope, gathering and writing product requirements, validation testing and synchronized release with company's other products.
• Instituted first ever customer pre-release for Designer.
• Lead product focus group discussions with industry experts and product SMEs.
Director of Technology
The Magma Group
Sep 1999 - Dec 2000
The Magma Group was a college marketing firm that closed in December 2000.
Responsible for managing the technology department and all technology initiatives for the company. The company was a marketing firm focused on the college market.
• Designed websites, databases, and the LAN and managed all company computers.
• Administered the company Windows NT Back office Server.
• Created and maintained all databases using MS Access and MS Visual Basic.
• Created and maintained company website with Allaire Coldfusion Studio, MS Access and Macromedia Dreamweaver Ultradev.