Hi everyone! My name is Madhu Dutta and I am currently Director of Software Engineering at Capital One, where I lead a team of 30 people. Looking forward to meeting you!
Hey, I'm available every Sunday at 9:00 PM (GMT)
Next time slot availableCreate an account
June 14, 2020
9:00 PM (GMT)
Oct 2019 - current
Director of Software Engineering
Apr 2018 - Sep 2019
• Head of engineering for a brand new digital investing product. Led the engineering organization responsible for the end-to-end product (customer experience on web & mobile, vendor integration, platform and infrastructure, enterprise integration, customer service and operations, compliance, regulatory and risk systems).
• Engineering leader in charge of product roadmap and delivery plan, resource planning, operating plan, go-to market plan in partnership with product, business, investment committee, design and program functions.
• Part of SLT for Seattle site that developed and launched a new digital financial advisor mobile app. The product utilized machine learning and NLP to serve up personalized recommendations, essentially a "financial planner in your pocket", yielding +40% in-app conversion.
• Launched new technical evaluation to standardize and reshape Capital One's recruiting process to elevate enterprise wide engineering talent
• Women In Tech Chapter lead - Seattle site. Launched a new chapter focused on local needs, secured budget, built operational plan and 2019 roadmap and established a steering committee. Organized and led the first "My Experience Day" for the Seattle site that focused on engagement, empowerment, mentorship, career growth and allyship for our Seattle female associates.
• Represented Capital One as keynote and panel speaker at various local tech conferences. WIT Regatta, Women Impact Tech.
Software Development Engineer
Aug 2009 - Dec 2011
Member of the software development team for Internet Explorer (Graphics).
DB2 Management Systems Developer
May 2007 - Aug 2009
Design and development of solutions to showcase newest features of DB2 dataserver to increase customer value proposition.
Application development with DB2 dataserver.
Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer
May 2006 - Aug 2006
Technical support and Application development for customers using Microsoft MapPoint and Virtual Earth for building store locator applications.