Hi everyone! My name is John Haniotis and I am currently VP of Product Management at MarqetU, where I lead a team of 14 Product Managers, UX Designers, Project Managers and Tech Docs. Looking forward to meeting you!
Hey, I'm available every Thursday at 5:30 PM (GMT)
Next time slot availableCreate an account
July 2, 2020
5:30 PM (GMT)
Head of Product Management
May 2016 - current
Agile Product Management operational leadership and product execution oversight for early growth start-ups. Develop and direct an Agile Product Management practice in the following areas:
Executive Management, Product Management Excellence, Agile Product Management, Organizational and Process Assessment, Engineering and Product Management Collaboration, Organizational Change Management, Organizational Alignment for Execution
Vice President, Product Management; Chief Customer Success Officer
Mar 2013 - Sep 2015
• Drove analysis of market and technology trends for Software-defined security services and how these trends could create opportunity/disruption for WhiteHat's business
• Successfully positioned WhiteHat Security as an industry leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Web Application Security
• Introduced metrics on Customer Value delivered, in partnership with Engineering, to drive Agile delivery of both existing and new security Software-as-a-Service solutions across multiple horizon roadmaps
• Developed go-to-market plans for existing and new Security offerings; drove company-wide alignment
• Established Customer Advisory Board incl. customer meetings, company readouts, support for key customer and partner initiatives
• Improved adoption and retention, renewals and account references by driving customer success initiatives; created a team of Customer Success Architects; defined role for this team, hired and successfully rolled out initiative-promoted to Chief Customer Success Officer
• Built, developed and led a high performing team of Technical Product Managers, Product Owners, UX Designers, Program and Business Development Managers
Head Of Products
Jan 2010 - Oct 2012
Revamped the charter of the collective Products team as a cohesive, aligned unit team with clear focus and accountability. Combined Engineering & Product Management organization, User Experience Design, Software Development and QA team of over 60 employees in the U.S. and India, under one umbrella. Drove new product development emphasizing collaboration, innovation, quality, and speed.
Defined product strategy to introduce the vision for a Product Planning Portfolio solution as a new to market solution to tackle more complex product planning scenarios and multiple product lines
• Thought Leadership: Led the development of the company’s new product direction and vision and evangelized it through conference speaking, social media and PR.
• Customer Engagement: Drove the creation of a customer advocacy program, including participation from Operations and Support, met regularly with customers worldwide, led executive sponsorship of key customers.
• Change Agent: Fostered a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and fun, while continuously improving the quality and caliber of the product and engineering organizations.
Key Achievements: Drove transformational change in a start-up facing long development cycles to shorten release cycles and reduce software defects; introduced new Product Planning Portfolio solution; created aligned Product Management and Development “pods” employing agile development practices; solved key customer scalability problems through innovative and calculated risks; engaged regularly with board and key investors.
Group Product Manager
Jul 2006 - Jan 2010
Defined roadmap and strategy for Small Business Ecosystem platform and Data Management for QuickBooks Connected Apps.
Developed and evangelized implementation of Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Software Product Line (SPL) strategies into the future Development and Deployment platform for Intuit.
Led organizational change in a company-wide Change Management role by pioneering a company-wide Requirements Management process enabled by Accept Software's Accept 360 Product Planning application.
• Defined business needs and customer behaviors across product lines within the Small Business Division (SBD) and contributed to the overall vision for Connected Services and Integration Platform to allow Intuit to create a developer ecosystem leveraging QuickBooks’ data
• Evangelized the Connected Services partner program within internal SBD organizations.
• Drove the development, roll out and adoption of a common Requirements Management and Release Planning model across Intuit, in a cross-functional leadership role.
• Internal and external champion/evangelist for software product line (SPL) architecture overall and the new functionality developed with each platform release train
Key Achievements: Drove company-wide change management initiatives to transform a desktop company to a web company and foster innovation within such a changing landscape; developed singular focus on success of transformation; achieved leadership growth and personal development in areas of personal brand, mark of excellence and adding customer value