I'm Erin, Head of Digital Product at Better Place Forests. We are helping people write a better ending to their story. Currently, we buy and preserve forest land so that customers can purchase a tree to spread their ashes at as their final memorial. I am working to build out tooling to ensure you can preserve and share your legacy.
Before BPF, I've worked to streamline customer experiences across e-commerce and SaaS business such as Restoration Hardware, One Kings Lane, and PagerDuty. I also spent a couple of years as a consultant helping startups find product/market fit, establish product management best practices, and implement an agile development framework
Hey, I'm available every Wednesday at 5:30 PM (GMT)
Next time slot availableCreate an account
August 12, 2020
5:30 PM (GMT)
Head of Digital Product
Better Place Forests
Mar 2019 - current
Director of Product, Platform
Sep 2017 - Feb 2019
dotloop, a Zillow Group company
Jun 2016 - Sep 2017
• Responsible for the desktop and mobile web experience for dotloop−the leading transaction management software for real estate agents.
• Drove an increase in engagement of new users by creating innovative tools for the mobile web experience.
• Developed products that opened new revenue channels for Brokers and generated an increase in revenue for targeted accounts.
Co-Founder, Product Lead
Jun 2014 - Jun 2016
• Co-founded a product and development consultancy specializing in bringing to market MVPs for early stage startups that have not yet built out their own product and engineering functions.
• Headed our business’s product and program management practice.
• Brought in contracts and closed deals worth over $200k. Developed business leads, negotiated contracts, and closed new business for the partnership.
• Revamped client’s engineering processes to release product 40% faster with 50% lower bug rate.
• Advised executive staff and founders of client companies on the technical feasibility of their business strategy.
• Example contracts:
o Coached Kitchit through a product pivot to successfully launch their new product, Kitchit Tonight, in time for the holiday season.
o Co-designed SuddenSelfie, a social sharing iOS app, in conjunction with the CEO of MyMedia, Inc., an early stage startup.
o Trained over 40 Engineers and Product Managers in Agile best practices, established a Program Management Office, hired their first Program Manager, and advised on the creation of four Scrum teams at PagerDuty.
United BioSource Corporation
Oct 2009 - Jun 2010
• Developed a streamlined training program reducing new hire on-boarding time from four months to six weeks.
• Worked with cross-functional teams to define best practices. Designed process flow diagrams, meeting maps, and instructional matrixes to outline new procedures.
• Orchestrated roll out of multi-department major process changes. Developed training plans, training materials, and delivered training across multiple offices and time zones.
Senior Project Manager
United BioSource Corporation
Mar 2006 - Sep 2008
• Primary point of contact to the client and to the internal development staff during the development lifecycle of a system. Managed project budget and scope to ensure on time delivery of the system using Microsoft Project.
• Account Manager for strategic accounts. Developed and maintained relationships with the client’s management teams as well as served as first point of contact for project escalations.
• Mentored junior project managers on writing requirements, troubleshooting, project implementation, and client management.
• Tracked and managed multiple project schedules at a time. Identified areas of risk and developed risk mitigation strategies across interdependent projects. Proactively resolved client and development team issues.
• Partnered with clients to develop custom documentation and standards to improve delivery time and quality of the product.
• Gathered, documented, and maintained all system requirements for web and phone based product using Microsoft Word and Visio
Implementation Team Lead
Sep 2004 - Mar 2006
• Led a team of four through successful, on time implementation of Advantage HRM software for Idaho Transportation Department.
• Analyzed client requirements to develop custom modifications to the system to meet client needs.
• Used Rational Requisite Pro to write requirements documentation.
• Trained client staff on application, including the ability to implement new requirements.
• Coordinated between product engineering and client site to resolve software issues and implement customizations.
• Coordinated with Advantage Financial Team Lead and Project Manager to ensure on time implementation of ERP solution.
Oct 2001 - Feb 2003
Provided functional support to development team during development of new system functionality.