Hello everyone! I am Anuj Rathi, VP product at Swiggy, India’s largest food delivery marketplace. I’ve worked with Indian e-commerce companies leading product management for their buyer experience (Flipkart, Snapdeal). Also, with Walmart.com in San Bruno for their multichannel offerings.
I’m happy to share my experience and learnings in building products and product management teams :)
Sorry, I am not currently available for mentoring sessions.
Vice President Of Product Management
Aug 2016 - current
Bringing unparalleled convenience to lives of urban Indians
AVP, Product Management
Nov 2014 - Aug 2016
Building the best online buying experience for India.
My team passionately builds and owns mobile and desktop experiences, assortment, pricing, promotions, growth, payments, and order management products at Snapdeal and Exclusively.
Senior Product Manager
Walmart Global eCommerce
Aug 2012 - Oct 2013
Product owner for store services for Walmart, creating truly multichannel experiences for online pharmacy and personalized photo products, generating $700mm in yearly revenue.
Sep 2010 - Aug 2012
Built the buyer experience for flipkart, taking it from a book-selling website to a multifaceted ecommerce player selling products in 100+ categories. Constantly evolved the product management and engineering processes to support a massive growth of ~100x in 2 years.
Redesigned and delivered the first modern, properly branded experience for flipkart with a new visual language. Built a strong customer-first UX strategy, and owned the front-end roadmap. Built the very first mobile commerce site in India for flipkart.
Instrumental in launching various categories - mobiles, mobile accessories, cameras, computers and consumer electronics on flipkart.com
Product owner of the storefront funnel, laid out multiple building blocks of the Flipkart product.
Product Discovery: Launched ‘Autosuggest’, ‘Spell check’, ‘Query builder’, ‘Search within all categories’, ‘Recommendations’ etc to take users to the right products, whether or not the user intent is 100% clear. Setup backend processes for catalog data management to scale and support product discovery
User Engagement: Launched ratings, reviews, product comparison, wishlists, social connect, community and game mechanics for truly engaging the flipkart user to research and help decide.
Conversion - Launched ‘on page shopping cart', refined checkout flow, instant cashback and constant tweaks in the checkout flow to optimize for a frictionless user flow and highest conversion rates.
Senior Software Engineer
Canvera Digital Technologies Pvt Ltd
Jun 2009 - Sep 2010
• Developed a platform for portfolio site for photographers to support vast number of templates & customizations.
• Led the development team for the portal and all online products. Redesigned canvera.com website
• Developed 'Photographer of the year' competition site for Better photography magazine/canvera.com - the largest online photography competition in India
Senior Software Engineer
Dec 2006 - Jun 2009
• Created and led the front end development team for asklaila.com. Was instrumental in earning a pcworld award for asklaila as the best designed online directory (2008)
• Created and handled the WAP based solution for asklaila website, m.asklaila.com
• Extended the asklaila frontend from a business listings website to include events and movies
Software Development Engineer
Sep 2005 - Dec 2006
• Developed a metadata editor with autosuggest, import dialog (for importing images, mp3s, docs, contacts, videos)
• Developed recursive slideshow to view images/docs/music in albums or tags for piDocs
• Handled state management of the app with cookie trail/back button override of browser.